Associate Professor Vasilios Mardiris received his Diploma in Electrical Engineering in 1994, his MSc in Engineering in Microelectronics and Information Systems Technologies in 2004 and his Ph.D. in Engineering in 2012 from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the Polytechnic School of Democritus University of Thrace. He is an Associate Professor at t the Department of Management Science & Technology of International Hellenic University.
From 1995 to 1999 he was a researcher at the VLSI System Design Center, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. He teaches IT courses such as Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, Information Management on the Internet, Introduction to Nanotechnology, Detection of Electronic Crime, Information and Communication Systems, Implementation and Management of Information Systems at undergraduate and postgraduate level. His current research interests are in the fields of nanomechanical systems design, computer networks and electronic forensics.
He has been an active researcher or scientific director in a number of national and international research programs since 1995. He was a member of the Scientific Committees of a large number of conferences and a reviewer in valid international scientific journals such as: IETE Electronic Letters, IEEE Communications on Nanotechnology, IET Micro & Nano Letters, Elsevier Information Sciences, Wiley International Journal of Circuit Theory and Application, Elsevier Microelectronics Journal, Journal of Zhejiang University-SCIENCE A, Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics.
Dr. Vasilios Mardis holds rich professional experience as a computer network engineer and software developer from 1995 to 2006.
Dr. Mardiris Vassilios teaches at the Department of Management Science & Technology of International Hellenic University undergratuate as well as postgraduate classes.
Contact details: International Hellenic University, Department of Management, Science & Technology, 65404, Kavala, Phone: 2510462183, Fax: 2510462322, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. V.A. Mardiris, I.G. Karafyllidis, “Design and simulation of modular 2n to 1 quantum-dot cellular automata (QCA) multiplexers,” International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 771-785, October 2010.
2. V.A. Mardiris, I.G. Karafyllidis, “Design and Simulation of Modular Quantum-Dot Cellular Automata Multiplexers for Memory Accessing,” Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 349-365, 2010.
3. V.A. Mardiris, I.G. Karafyllidis, “Universal cellular automaton cell using quantum cellular automata,” Electronics Letters, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 607-609, 2009.
4. Ch. Mizas, G. Ch. Sirakoulis, V. Mardiris, I. Karafyllidis, N. Glykos and R. Sandaltzopoulos, “Reconstruction of DNA sequences using Genetic Algorithms and Cellular Automata: towards mutation prediction?,” Biosystems, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 61-68, 2008.
5. V. Mardiris, G. Ch. Sirakoulis, Ch. Mizas, I. Karayllidis and A. Thanailakis, “A CAD system for modeling and Simulation of Computer Networks using Cellular Automata,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part C, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 253-264, 2008.
6. G. Ch. Sirakoulis, I. Karafyllidis, Ch. Mizas, V. Mardiris, A. Thanailakis, and Ph. Tsalides, “A cellular automaton model for the study of DNA sequence evolution,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 439-453, 2003.
7. G. Ch. Sirakoulis, I. Karafyllidis, A. Thanailakis, and V. Mardiris, “A methodology for VLSI implementation of Cellular Automata algorithms using VHDL,” Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 189-202, 2000.
8. G. Ch. Sirakoulis, I. Karafyllidis, V. Mardiris, and A. Thanailakis, “Study of the effects of photoresist surface roughness and defects on developed profiles,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 98-107, 2000.
9. G. Ch. Sirakoulis, I. Karafyllidis, V. Mardiris, and A. Thanailakis, “Study of lithography profiles developed on non-planar Si surfaces,” Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 421-427, 1999.
10. V.Mardiris, I.Karafyllidis, D.Soudris, A.Thanailakis “Neural Networks for the simulation of photoresist exposure process in integrated circuit fabrication,” Modelling & Simulation in Material Science Engineering, vol. 5, pp. 439-450, 1997.
1. Adam P. Filippidis, Kosmas Kosmidis, Vassilios Mardiris, “Stan: A dynamic web-based application for financial statement analysis,” MIBES Transactions, Vol 7, pp. 15-24, 2013.
2. F.K. Panagiotopoulos, V.A. Mardiris, V. Chatzis, “Quantum Dot Cellular Automata Design for Median Filtering and Mathematical Morphology Operations on Binary Images,” ACRI 2012, LNCS 7495, pp. 554-564, 2012.
3. V. Mardiris, Ch. Mizas, L. Fragidis, V. Chatzis, “Design and simulation of a QCA 2 to 1 multiplexer “, Proceedings of the 12th WSEAS International Conference on Computers, pp. 572-576, Heraklion, Greece, July 2008.
4. L. Fragidis, A. Michailidis, V. Mardiris, V. Chatzis, “Web Based Application for Registering Degree Projects”, Proceedings of the 12th WSEAS International Conference on Computers, pp. 567-571, Heraklion, Greece, July 2008.
5. M. Syggouroglou, L. Fragidis, V. Mardiris and V. Chatzis, An Internet Application for Lab-Group Booking Using Open Source Software, Proceedings of the 3rd WSEAS/IASME International Conference on Educational Technologies, pp. 412-415, Arcachon, France, October 13-15, 2007.
6. L. Fragidis, D. Markopoulos, V. Mardiris, V. Chatzis, “Web Based html-rich text Editor ‘web-editor’ Using Open Source Software”, International Bulgarian-Turkish Conference in Computer Science, Istanbul, Turkey, October 2006.
7. V. Mardiris, G.Ch. Sirakoulis, Ch. Mizas, I. Karafyllidis, and A. Thanailakis, ” Net_CA: A Tool for Simulation and Modeling of Wired/Wireless Computer Networks based on Cellular Automata”, 10th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (PCI 2005), pp. 407-417, Volos, Greece, Νovember 11-13, 2005.
8. L. Fragidis, V. Mardiris, C. Mizas, S. Simeonidis and V. Chatzis, Electronic Examinations e-Exams Using Open Source Software, WSEAS Trans. on Information Science and Applications, vol. 1, iss. 5, pp. 1225-1230, November 2004.
9. L. Fragidis, V. Mardiris, C. Mizas and V. Chatzis, Examinations Past Papers e-Bank Using Open Source Software, WSEAS Trans. on Information Science and Applications, vol. 1, iss. 5, pp. 1220-1224, November 2004.
10. D.Soudris, M.Perakis, Ch.Mizas, V.Mardiris, K.Katis, C.Dre, A.E.Tzimas, E.G.Metaxakis, G.Kalivas, N.Zervas, S.Theoharis, G.Theodoridis, A.Thanailakis, C.Goutis “Low-Power Design of A Multi-Mode Transceiver,” ISCAS 2000, vol. 2, pp. 721-724, May 28-31, Geneva, Switzerland, 2000.