Professor Vassilios Hatzis received the Diploma in Electrical Engineering in 1991 and his PhD in Computer Science in 1999 both of them from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He is a professor at the Department of Management Science & Technology of International Hellenic University. From 1993 to 1999 he was a researcher at the Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Information Analysis at the Department of Informatics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He has also taught at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the Democritus University of Thrace between 2001 and 2010. He teaches IT courses such as Object-Oriented Programming, Data Structures, Software Engineering at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. His current research interests are in the fields of digital image analysis and processing, image retrieval and fuzzy logic.
He is a member of the Scientific Committee of the International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research and a member of the Scientific Committees of the Management of International Business and Economics Systems and National Congress of Administration and Economics. He is also a reviewer in several scientific journals such as: Pattern Recognition – Elsevier, Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision – Springer, International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence – World Scientific.
Dr. Chatzis Vassilios teaches at the Department of Management Science & Technology of International Hellenic University undergratuate as well as postgraduate classes.
Contact details: International Hellenic University, Department of Management, Science & Technology, 65404, Kavala, Phone: +30 2510462325, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. S. Krinidis and V. Chatzis, “A Physics-Based Dual Deformable Model”, Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 100-121, January 2012.
2. S. Krinidis and V. Chatzis, “A Robust Fuzzy Local Information C-means Clustering Algorithm”, IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 19, no 5, pp. 1328-1337, 2010.
3. K. Kosmidis, V. Chatzis, A. Stavropoulos and K. Terzidis, “Incorporating TQM in higher education: Students’ assessment of academic performance”, Management of International Business and Economic Systems Int. Journal, ISSN 1790-9899, vol. 4, issue 1, pp.152-164, 2010.
4. K. Kosmidis, A. E. Michailidou, A. Ntaliani, V. Chatzis, “Web-based application for financial statement analysis: A normative approach”, Practical Issues in Management & Economics Int. Journal, ISSN 1791-5767, vol. 3, pp. 114-127, 2010 (in Greek).
5. S. Krinidis and V. Chatzis, “Fuzzy Energy-Based Active Contours”, IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 18, no 12, pp. 2747-2755, 2009.
6. S. Krinidis and V. Chatzis, “A Skeleton Family Generator via Physics-Based Deformable Models”, IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 1-11, 2009.
7. S. Krinidis and V. Chatzis, “Principal Axes Estimation Using the Vibration Modes of Physics-Based Deformable Models”, IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1007-1019, June 2008.
8. V. Chatzis and I. Pitas, “Interpolation of 3D Binary Objects using Morphological Skeletonization”, IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 699-710, July 2000.
9. V. Chatzis and I. Pitas, “A Generalized Fuzzy Mathematical Morphology and its Application in Robust 2D and 3D Object Representation”, IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1798-1810, October 2000.
1. V. Chatzis and I. Pitas, “Fuzzy Techniques in Digital Image Processing and Shape Analysis” in Fuzzy Filters for Image Processing, edited by M. Nachtegael, D. Van der Weken, D. Van De Ville & E.E. Kerre, pp.273-305, ISBN 3-540-00465-3, Springer, 2003.
1. Michail Krinidis, Stelios Krinidis, Vassilios Chatzis, A NOVEL WORKSPACE FOR IMAGE CLUSTERING, in 17th International Conference on Digital Signal Processing, 6-8 July 2011, Corfu, Greece.
2. Kosmas Kosmidis, Vassilios Chatzis, Antonios Stavropoulos, Konstantinos Terzidis, ” Incorporating TQM in higher education: Students’ assessment of academic performance”, in Proceedings of Management of International Business and Economic Systems (MIBES) International Conference, June 2010, Kavala, Greece.
3. L. Fragidis, V. Chatzis, “Modelling Hospital Expenses for a Patient Accounting System”, accepted in International Bulgarian-Greek Conference in Computer Science, Kavala, Greece, September 2008.
4. V. Mardiris, Ch. Mizas, L. Fragidis, V. Chatzis, “Design and simulation of a QCA 2 to 1 multiplexer “, Proceedings of the 12th WSEAS International Conference on Computers, pp. 572-576, Heraklion, Greece, July 2008.
5. L. Fragidis, A. Michailidis, V. Mardiris, V. Chatzis, “Web Based Application for Registering Degree Projects”, Proceedings of the 12th WSEAS International Conference on Computers, pp. 567-571, Heraklion, Greece, July 2008.
6. Vassilios Chatzis, Eleni Apostolidou, Ioanna Pantelidou and Agni Moutzouroglou, “Work-Related Learning In Higher Education Around Europe”, in Proceedings of the International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED 2008), Valencia, Spain, March 3-5, 2008.
7. M. Syggouroglou, L. Fragidis, V. Mardiris and V. Chatzis, “An Internet Application for Lab-Group Booking Using Open Source Software”, Proceedings of the 3rd WSEAS/IASME International Conference on Educational Technologies, pp. 412-415, Arcachon, France, October 13-15, 2007.
8. L. Fragidis, D. Markopoulos, V. Mardiris, V. Chatzis, “Web Based html-rich text Editor ‘web-editor’ Using Open Source Software”, International Bulgarian-Turkish Conference in Computer Science, Istanbul, Turkey, October 2006.
9. Stelios Krinidis and Vassilios Chatzis, “Frequency-Based Object Orientation and Scaling Determination”, accepted for publication in IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS’06), pp. 2385-2388, May 21-24, 2006, Island of Kos, Greece.
10. Vassilios Chatzis, Vassilis G. Kaburlasos and Michalis Theodorides, “An Image Processing Method for Particle Size and Shape Estimation”, Second International Scientific Conference in “COMPUTER SCIENCE”, Part II, pp. 7-12, 30th September – 2nd October 2005, Chalkidiki, Greece.
11. Ioannis Koustoudis and Vassilios Chatzis, “An Object-Oriented Programming Distance Learning Application (Διαδικτυακή Εφαρμογή για την Από Απόσταση Εκπαίδευση στον Αντικειμενοστραφή Προγραμματισμό)”, 3rd International Conference on Open and Distance Learning ‘Applications of Pedagogy and Technology’, Vol.B, pp.271-278, 11-13 November 2005, Patra, Greece.
12. Vassilis Kaburlasos, Vassilios Chatzis, Vassilios Tsiantos and Michael Theodorides, “granular Self-Organizing Map (grSOM) neural network for industrial quality control”, Mathematical Methods in Pattern and Image Analysis, eds. J. T. Astola, I. Tabus, J. Barrera, Proc. Of SPIE Vol. 5916, in Int. Symposium on Optics & Photonics, 31 July-4 August 2005, San Diego, California USA.
13. L. Fragidis, V. Mardiris, C. Mizas and V. Chatzis, “Examinations Past Papers ‘e-Bank’ Using Open Source Software”, WSEAS Trans. on Information Science and Applications, vol. 1, iss. 5, pp. 1220-1224, November 2004.
14. L. Fragidis, V. Mardiris, C. Mizas, S. Simeonidis and V. Chatzis, “Electronic Examinations ‘e-Exams’ Using Open Source Software”, WSEAS Trans. on Information Science and Applications, vol. 1, iss. 5, pp. 1225-1230, November 2004.